The LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 is based on the non-motion Pulse GBS (Ground Balancing System). Short and intensive magnetic pulses are emitted by means of a search coil first. Those magnetic pulses produce eddy currents in conducting materials like metal objects for example. Said eddy currents will be kept in a metal object and will die away after the magnetic pulse emitted by the search coil has turned off. This is the reason why it is possible to detect those eddy currents during the time delayed receiving phase by means of the same search coil which now acts as a receiving coil. A rather complicated electronics circuitry is necessary to detect those tiny voltage changes and has to separate that particular signal from interference also received. The signal has to be amplified to drive an audio stage with voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO), which emits an audible signal either by headphones or built-in loudspeaker when a metal is in the near of the field of the search coil.
Eddy currents produced in a metal object by means of a pulsed primary field, will die away differently depending on the conductivity of the metal object. The metal classification circuit therefore gives a visual time delay reading for the eddy currents received over a certain period of time. In addition, a ferrous/ non- ferrous indication for a metal being detected is working when a double D coil is in use. This gives further information on the probable kind of metal being located as well as the audio sound emitted, which makes it easy to predetermine the exact place and the size of the buried metal object.
The Pulse GBS principle has got the advantage of using large diameter coils and high transmitting power. This is especially necessary when searching at depth. Frame mounted cable coils of different size and shape can be connected to the LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 without any adjustments. A special adaptation circuit has been added to the detector to suit with five different coil systems automatically. This ensures best performance with any coil connected. When enlarging the search coil diameter, the sensitivity to bigger objects will also rise. At the same time smaller objects will be located less sensitive. It is possible to eliminate some unwanted objects like nails and foils or to identify them as being small unwanted objects while searching for bigger and deeper objects. Even in difficult soils where magnetic iron oxides are present the LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 will offer extreme depth capabilities for both ferrous and non-ferrous metal objects when the Ground Balancing System is in use. Other systems often suffer from ground effects which reduce the depth range in the ground.
The LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 will be able to locate objects at almost the same depths either in most types of ground or »in air tests«. The high sensitivity of the DEEPMAX Z2 to non- ferrous metal objects like gold, silver and copper together with the metal analysis make this detector an outstanding device for many different locating purposes.
The DEEPMAX Z2 gives a visual indication on the LC Display for every metal being located. This time delay reading producing a number between 000 and 099 helps to classify metal objects. The metal classification circuitry is only in some cases affected by the size of a metal object and therefore identifies small coins as well as large pieces of metal. The LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 also offers a sophisticated and refined ferrous / non- ferrous metal analysis which works more stable on difficult soils in conjunction with the 26cm or 35cm double D search coil. Detection depths achieved in air tests are almost the same in many types of soils and therefore considerably higher than those possible with standard pulse induction or sine wave VLF – TR Detectors.
The DEEPMAX Z2 was developed to provide a number of features including high sensitivity and stability together with easy operation. The amount of controls was therefore reduced and a calibration of the detector to our factory settings was also made to guarantee best results in the field. The LORENZ DEEPMAX Z2 was developed for professional search and locating applications.
A variety of search coils can be connected to this metal detector. Large areas can be detected effectively especially with frame coils. Saltwater, most types of ground or temperature changes will only slightly affect the detection range of the DEEPMAX Z2.
- Highly sensitive to all kinds of metal
- Stable operation on mineralized ground or salt water with Pulse Ground Balancing System
- Reliable / simple operation with few controls and customized LC Display
- Exact pinpointing with large coils
- Very easy and effective detection of large areas
- Rugged, refined mechanical construction with water and dust protected electronics unit
- A variety of search coils are available for different detection purposes
- Automatic adaptation of different coil sizes and coil designs to the electronics
- Small unwanted metal objects can either be identified or eliminated
- Fast audio response speed with different settings
- Logarithmic audio response and intensity bar graph reading for easy pinpointing
- Battery check with audio alarm tone
- Calibrated static (non-motion) metal classification with visual conductivity/ time delay reading
- Improved ferrous/ non-ferrous identification
- Precisely adjustable audio-threshold
- Stable static response (acoustical and visual)
- Waterproof search coils
- Rechargeable low self discharge NiMH batteries for worldwide operation
- Additional Battery + GPS module (Power Bank) can be connected to double the battery capacity
- Fast charge electronics for worldwide operation 100-240V AC/50-60Hz
- Car charger for 10-30V DC supplies available
- Frequency and Filter function for low frequency
- EMI interference reduction
- New differential inputs with new coil designs for interference elimination
- Automatic and manual ground calibration retuning facility
- Different Delay and Sensitivity settings to eliminate small objects or for easy pinpointing
- Extreme detection depths for very large metal objects
- Specialized on gold and improved detection range on small, low conducting metal pieces
- Low frequency interference elimination circuitry for less low frequency interference
- Enlarged dynamic range for extreme ground signals and easy pinpointing
- Single or dual, induction balanced or differential coil designs can be connected
- Easy to use multi channel data logger function works with additional Hard- and Software to generate six 2D image and six
- 3D surface maps from the scans being taken. Each map is different depending on the electronic analysis method and therefore can be the key to the probable kind of metal buried in the ground
- GPS based meter and compass heading information, makes it easy to work with the data logger
- Signal strength bar graph, time delay reading, ferrous/ non-ferrous icons, battery condition and all the mode settings are displayed simultaneously on a large LC Display